Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD

• Please log in to reply

michmich2

michmich2

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, i get BSOD every day or two.
i tryied to run BlueScreenView.exe but i didn't get any scan results.
My computer is not over heating, and i can't relate the BS to any spesipic progrem i'm using.
i have win7.
What can i do?

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

i tryied to run BlueScreenView.exe but i didn't get any scan results.

Make sure, your settings are correct...

1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel (Start>Control Panel in Vista).
2. Double-click System.
3. Click (Advanced system settings link in Vista, then --->)the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
4. Make sure, there is a checkmark in Write an event to the system log.
5. In the Write debugging information list, click Small memory dump (64k) (128K in Windows 7).

michmich2

michmich2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
OK, the "write an event to system log" was already checked.
i'v changed the "write debugging information" from Kernell memory dump to small memory dump...
and now i'm waiting.....
:)

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
OK. Keep us posted :)

densolis

densolis

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi,

You might want to download WinMemDiag from Microsoft. The link is http://oca.microsoft.../en/windiag.asp. I've found that 1/2 the time the BSOD is caused by spurious memory problems.

You need to let this run for at least 6 hour, if not overnight. If there is any error, you have bad memory and that stick needs to be replaced.

Make sure you read the entire web page. It has some helpful information that is explained in plain English.

Good luck.

Dennis