Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

win xp login problem

• Please log in to reply

discoVOLANTE

discoVOLANTE

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hello,

i am experiencing a problem with a laptop with win xp pro. when i boot the computer up normally i get to the login portion of the bootup and i login, as soon as it loads the settings i get booted back to the login section, its a vicious loop. i boot with any other method and the same problem; last known config, safe mode. i am curious to see if anyone else has had this problem and has over came this terrible issue. i have done some research and the best i found was lavasoft has a fix by copying the userinit.exe to wsaupdater.exe and editing some reg settings. this did not work for me. so, i am now searching for another fix, this also has some time sensitve needs so the sooner the better. thanks for the help in advance. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

dv

Advertisements

miles_obrien

miles_obrien

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
So it would appear that either the username or password is not correct.
Can you get to Safe mode? log in as admin, recreate your account.
Mike

discoVOLANTE

discoVOLANTE

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
both username and password are correct.

i cannot get into windows period.

i log in, then it boots me back to the log in screen, its a loop.

miles_obrien

miles_obrien

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
OK, you win.
Mike

djgotee

djgotee

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
Hello Im steve. Do you get to the desktop and then it resets? or what? And, how are you logging in? As your own name and password? Have you tryed to logon as administrator? Or with another name and password, if there are any?

discoVOLANTE

discoVOLANTE

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
it doesnt goto the desktop period, its a customers pc so he has the password automaticlly set, as soon as i click the icon to log in, it loads the settings, then kicks right back to the login screen.

dv

djgotee

djgotee

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
Sorry for the delay in an answer....work and all. It would not hurt to try to "blank the windows password " at this point, dont you think? what have you to lose? Theres a few tools out there that allow for this but here is one that will boot the computer off of a floppy disk , its called " Austrumi "
What the hay, give it a shot?........steve

djgotee

djgotee

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
Like a dummy, i forgot the website....here tis http://www.petri.co...._password.htm#1