Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound stopped working from desktop to tv

• Please log in to reply

dodofosho

dodofosho

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi i have a HP Pavilion model m94021

Ive had it hooked up to my insingia tv for over a year and just recently moved about a month ago. After i moved hooked the computer back up to my tv using what i believe is called RGA for video and the 3.55mm jack for audio. Was using it last night no problem, but today turned it on and no more sound. Don't really know how to test anything but did hook my ipod up to the 3.55mm jack and it plays through the tv no problem. Where should i start??

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Check first if the soundcard on your desktop is enable (or not muted) also check if the soundcard driver as not been modify, damage or missing.

Does your desktop play any sound by itself (not hooked to tv).

dodofosho

dodofosho

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks for such a quick reply unfortunately i have no idea how to do any of that im using windows 7 and any step by step help would be appreciated

dodofosho

dodofosho

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
[bleep] sorry for bothering you it did somehow get muted just found it quick looking through the control panel anyway i can delete the post so nobody else has to be bothered by my stupidity??

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

[bleep] sorry for bothering you it did somehow get muted just found it quick looking through the control panel anyway i can delete the post so nobody else has to be bothered by my stupidity??

The whole point of forums is to learn & share knowledge! Someone will learn from your post, you have &
thanks for sharing the soloution :)

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

The whole point of forums is to learn & share knowledge! Someone will learn from your post, you have &
thanks for sharing the soloution thumbsup.gif

well said...