Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Okay, this is weird...

• Please log in to reply

WhoDoYouThink

WhoDoYouThink

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
am using Windows XP/Internet Explorer 6, Zone Alarm, Norton Antivirus

Okay...

I am trying to listen to a radio station on-line that streams using "Surfer Network Player" technology.

When I click the "Listen Live" button, I get a Java Script error window and nothing happens. When I try and go to the company's website (www.surfernetwork.com), nothing happens. I get a "This page cannot be viewed" white screen thing.

Here's the thing, though...When I try to take these steps on my Mom's computer...It works fine!

I have checked all of my settings, ran DOZENS of spyware removal tools, made sure all of my add-ons and java scripts are enabled, manipulated my Internet and Browser settings, disabled firewalls and anti-virus and much, much more...to no avail.

Have I accidentally deleted a file or registry item that enables "surfer network" to read my connection speed etc...? It seems like that's the root of the problem. Surfer Network's website can't "communicate" with my computer, therefore it won't let me read their website.

I do NOT want to reinstall Windows XP. (I'm always afraid I'm gonna lose some important files)

What are my other options? Please help! Thanks...
[email protected]

Advertisements

jdm

jdm

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
Hi, this happened to me before too. Once I reinstalled Java I was fine. Try reinstalling java by clicking here.