Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

First Timer having a bit of difficulty

• Please log in to reply

Cakesy

Cakesy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys I just built my first pc (yay!) and i got it all up and running but im having troubles with speed and i dont think i should.. it took me over an hour just to load windows xp and i know that isnt right lol.. now my cpu is an Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz, memory 2Gx2|ADATA AD3U1333B2G9, my video card is a zotac geforce 210 512 i think, i am using an old hard drive as well using IDE hookups and if it matters my hd is slave while my cdrom is master which im not sure how to fix yet haha so any advice on why its going so slow would be greatly appreciated

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
How big is your hard drive? And more to the point, how old is it? (there will be a manufacturing date on it)