Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AC97 no sound

• Please log in to reply

healy

healy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
hi again! iv just looked in my device manager again and i have an exclamation mark next to "PCI bus" and it says "windows could not load the drivers for this device because the computer is reporting two PCI.VXD bus types. Contact your computer manafactuer to get an updated BIOS for your computer". If my sound is onboard why would i need to load PCI bus anyway? And why would i need an updated BIOS???? Sorry to keep askin all these questions! - just tryin to get my head round things! lol. thanks

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Your sound card may be onboard but it is still connected to the PCI bus. However, I suspect this pci.vxd problem might be independent of the sound card problem, as there are a few things which haven't been installed correctly, not just the sound card.
pci.vxd is related to the pci irq steering if I remember correctly. pci irq steering is what allows devices to share a single irq.

Let me think on that on & I'll get back to you.