Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

updates .NET framework and now having diffiulty w/ media center

• Please log in to reply

michmusman

michmusman

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I was trying to prepare my computer for an upgrade to windows 7. I decided to update .NET Framework to 3.5 version and wanted to eliminats unnecessary hard drive space so I deleted all the existing .NET Framework programs using the control panels Add/Remove Programs app. I downloaded and installed .NET Framework 3.0 and updated it with the 3.5 service pack. Now I get an error mesage when I try to launch Media Center that states:
To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework: v1.1.4322 Contact your publisher for instructions...

I notice that my program list has .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 .NET Framework 3.0 Srvice Pack 2 and
.NET Framework 3.5 SP1

So I haven't decluttered anything except .NET Framework 1.0 and I'm missing some file from it that Media Center wants. Any advice on getting it back up and running?

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Different programs need different .NET versions, so in your case, you're asked to download and install .NET 1.1