Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

It seems my browser was Hijacked (Firefox) and I'm having issues w

• Please log in to reply

Aliguard

Aliguard

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Was browsing the internet, minding my own business, went to a website that had some website which name I have failed to remember. It was an anime Streaming site, anyways, when I got there, I eventually noticed something appearing at the bottom of the screen, one of those bubbles that pop up like for a paging file shortage or something. Anyways, It was some program called "Anti-spysoft" or something it managed to install without my attention. The bubble told me that My computer was infected, I knew this was nonsense because Avira would have picked up on something like that more likely than not. Anyways, This bubble wouldn't close, and the program kept trying to open itself and scan my computer. Since it wouldn't stay closed, I attempted task manager. However the program refused to allow me to open or close any of my programs, any attempt to do so would result in a pop-up informing me that the (Process name) was infected and could not be closed or opened. At this point I did a hard reboot. When everything was back in order, the anti-spysoft program was gone but the computer was sluggish and there were some unfamiliar processes running that threw up red flags for me. The first thing I did which may have been a mistake, was running Hijack this, locating the new processes and removing them, THEN I ran a scan with SUPERantispyware and Avira. Avira got no detections and SUPERantispyware got a few which were taken care of. After this I saw neither hide nor hair of Anti-spysoft. But now my firefox browser gets more popups than usual and whenever I click a link from google it'll almost always redirect me. This also happens if I press the back button. I saw some unfamiliar add-ons and such that I removed but the issue is still there and now one of my SVCHOST processes always goes up to 65K memory and takes up 100% CPU. When I close it my sound then fails to work. I would greatly appreciate any help which can be offered and I promise not to put spaces between the logs this time. Thanks for your assistance in advance, I hope this description helps solve the problem.

Edited by sari, 11 June 2010 - 09:19 PM.
removed log

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal area.

Before you start a new topic click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide, Please read before starting a new topic. This will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your OTListIt2 log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Aliguard,

Please follow the links posted by Broni. We don't use HJT logs here anymore, and we can't help you with malware in this forum. :) Once you get your new logs posted in the malware forum, someone will be happy to help you.

Aliguard

Aliguard

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Video Removed

Edited by Artellos, 12 June 2010 - 10:36 AM.
Inappropriate