Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recurring ADW_BADBITOR.A

• Please log in to reply

brad3458

brad3458

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi there, I have done the overkill with the adware/spyware removers, pc cillin 2005 is detecting the above adware badbitor which it says it removes, but on rescans i reappears, please help if you have the time, herwith my hjt log.

Attached Files

Advertisements

brad3458

brad3458

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
It seems that badbitor comes from the bitcomet client somehow. After pc cillin detects and removes it, you can run pcC as many times as u like after that and it wont re-occur, but if you run the bitcomet client, exit it, run pcC spyware scan badbitor.a is back again. Also if you could please help me with another annoying problem concerning spybot. I have had spybot s&d installed for sometime now and never had a problem with it, now it seems I cannot get it to update. I first noticed something was wrong when I was unable to select a server from the pull down list on the update screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it many times now and it will not update, most times it will say no updates available from a fresh install, but says no detection updates installed on the about screen, please help.

A few things may have changed since the previous hjt log so im providing a fresh one herewith.
Thanks

Attached Files

Edited by brad3458, 24 May 2005 - 05:16 PM.