Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Getting rid of internet history..?

• Please log in to reply

jessicaa09

jessicaa09

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys,

Im just wondering, how do I get rid of the history that keeps popping up in my...address bar? Ive deleted my browsing history AND tried deleting them with the little red x, but it just keeps coming back! Please help :) Thank you!

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
try this

Download TFC to your desktop
  • Open the file and close any other windows.
  • It will close all programs itself when run, make sure to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Click the Start button to begin the process. The program should not take long to finish its job
  • Once its finished it should reboot your machine, if not, do this yourself to ensure a complete clean

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
You can use your arrow keys to highlight the undesired URLS and delete them selectively. You can also turn off "auto-complete" in Internet Tools> Internet Options> Content tab.
Johanna

Amir Saleem

Amir Saleem

• Pip
  • 5 posts
dear,
use CCcleaner for this issue,it will help u to clean up ur internet history as well as the useless files from ur system.u can easily download it from web.