Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

looking for a icmp tunnel vpn and client windows binary

• Please log in to reply

mikeloeven

mikeloeven

• PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
i have been looking for a icmp tunneling vpn system / proxy server for a while now and while there are a few of them out there binary installers for windows are hard to find and i am totally at a lose as to compiling source code manually.

i am looking for icmp tunneling vpn server that has a windows binary installer and a gui interface for easy setup. the server will be a windows xp machine running at my house and the client will be a i book G4 which i have been able to find clients for but i do need to make sure the server and client are compatable

Edited by mikeloeven, 15 June 2010 - 01:31 PM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
why are you wanting this set up exactly?

mikeloeven

mikeloeven

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
1 because i can
2 it is hard to moniter or intecept and most firewalls ignore them completely
3 i am looking for somthing to do because i am bored.
4 the isp at the remote location doesent block or censore the internet but it does block certain ports for ""our own saftey""

but no i am not trying to hack or do anything malicious i just want a direct secret connection between my two computers and i just generally enjoy expirimenting with new things

Edited by mikeloeven, 15 June 2010 - 02:24 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

4 the isp at the remote location blocks certain ports for ""our own saftey""

We here at Geeks To Go cannot help you get around any sort of administrative restrictions imposed on a School, Work, or any other network not owned and operated by yourself. These restrictions can include (but are not limited to): Website Blocking policies, Software Installation policies, Email retention policies, Software Configuration policies, Network/Internet usage policies, Network Configuration policies, Forum or Chat Room Bans, Game Server Bans, or any other actions that are deemed "unauthorized" by the owners/administrators of the network in question. Any actions by members of the Geeks To Go site that would be offered to help in this manner would directly violate the [url="http://<a%20href="http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/boardrules.html"%20target="_blank">http://www.geekstogo...tml</a>"] TOS [/url]of this site.

If you have any issues with this policy please PM a Moderator or Admin.

this includes policies that you think are useless or stupid,

we're also not in the business of giving out information that's generally used for unsavory purposes.

why not try google? leave the VPN off of your search phrase

Edited by dsenette, 15 June 2010 - 02:25 PM.

mikeloeven

mikeloeven

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
ummm i control both networks it is the isp that is giving me issues and there is no other service in the area. and nothing in the service agreement says anything about any kind of vpn connection

Edited by mikeloeven, 15 June 2010 - 02:29 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
irrelevant, you don't own the internet, and you don't own your ISP. you're traversing their network and we can't help you bypass any rules that they put in place on their network

mikeloeven

mikeloeven

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
last i checked noone owned or controlled the internet. traversing the isp network is somthing you pay for and are entitled to especially since they do allow vpn's. so once the vpn is established the only traversing your doing is the tunnel it's self any contents of the tunnel are subject to the rules of the second isp who controlls the main network not those of the first isp since they blatently allowed vpns. the type of vpn shouldn't matter.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
again, do your googeling on the correct term. there's no such thing as an ICMP tunneling VPN or an ICMP tunnel VPN...