Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can you recommend an updated gaming/entertainment PC build?

• Please log in to reply

Walker

Walker

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
This is my first attempt at building a PC from scratch. I'm going to be using it for gaming, school and some video editing. The most I can spend on this build right about now is $800, but I can scrap a few pieces from old computers and hope to find some really good deals on the more expensive components.

Please recommend builds or single components that I should start looking for. I've been out of the computer shopping scene for a few years now, so you could imagine how lost I am when looking at all of the new hardware. I'm a novice when it comes to computers, I've installed just about every component but have never done a full build by myself. I'm looking forward to the process and really can't wait much longer! Thanks for your time. :)

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
System Builder Marathon, March 2010: $750 Gaming PC
http://www.tomshardw...ng-pc,2578.html

?