computer automatically log off
Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:06 PM
Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:15 PM
Posted 11 July 2010 - 05:22 AM
Are you using a xp cd or is there any cd in the drive when you are booting up?
It should not be asking to do setup again if there is no OS disk in the cdrom.
Posted 11 July 2010 - 04:50 PM
Posted 11 July 2010 - 04:56 PM
Repair Installation Instructions
· Insert your Windows XP CD in your CD-ROM and then Restart your computer.
· At the first post screen start tapping the Del key to enter System Bios
· Find the Advance Options or Boot Sequence screen.
· You will need to change the boot sequence so that the CDrom is first and the HD is second.
· Press F10 to Save and Exit and then press Enter to accept.
· The system will now reboot
· When the "Press any key to boot from CD" message is displayed on your screen, press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP CD.
· When you see the following message displayed on the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER
· To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.
· At this point an option to press R to enter the Recovery Console is displayed. DO NOT SELECT THIS OPTION.
· On the Windows XP Licensing Agreement screen, press F8 to agree to the license agreement.
· Make sure that your current installation of Windows XP is selected and highlighted in the box, and then press the R key to repair Windows XP.
· Follow the instructions on the screen to complete Setup.
You can also go HERE
to read a step by step tutorial with screenshots.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users