Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio Problem

• Please log in to reply

Tran225

Tran225

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My sound have a really bad static noise whenever I play music or watch video or do anything that have sounds. I dont think it is my speakers' fault because it is perfectly fine on my old computer but not on my new computer. Here are the specs for the sound from DxDiag,

Device

Name: Speaker (High Definition Audio Device)
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\Func_01&\...
Type: WDM
Default Device: Yes

Drivers
Name: HDAudio.sys
Provider: Microsoft

I also have other sound devices like Digital Audio (HDMI) but it is not my default sound device. I have tried reinstalling the drivers and get it most updated but its no good.

Advertisements

Tran225

Tran225

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Here is another thing i forgot to mention, When I reduce the volume control to about 40% the statics or buzzy noise does reduce a little bit sometimes I will not even hear it but if my Volume control was like at 100% it is very noticeable whenever I play any music. So for now I have my volume control on like about 40% and turn my speakers extra higher to make up for the low sounds.

P.S: Dont mistake volume control for Speaker volume, when i say volume control i mean the volume from my computer setting (the icon on the bottom right tool bar next to the time/date), My speaker volume and computer volume control is 2 totally different things

Edited by Tran225, 18 June 2010 - 04:37 AM.

Marc Billow

Marc Billow

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Well the audio card is still using Microsoft Stock Drivers so you might want to find the specific drivers for your device. Also make sure that you have all plugs in securely into the right ports. (Green-Speaker)(Pink-Microphone). :)

Tran225

Tran225

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
what do you mean by "Microsoft Stock Drivers" am I using the wrong driver for my sound device? If so can you tell me where I can go download my driver for my Device.

system info:
- Asus M3N78-VM, chipset: Nvidia NForce 730a + Geforce 8200, HDMI

Edited by Tran225, 18 June 2010 - 12:22 PM.