Edited by xKMS_Famine, 18 June 2010 - 02:34 PM.
java 6 problem
Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:32 PM
Posted 20 June 2010 - 12:09 PM
Please follow these steps to remove older versions of Java 1st.
Please download JavaRa and unzip it to your desktop. Be sure to uncheck any prechecked boxes for other software.
- Double-click on JavaRa.exe to start.
- Use the drop down box to choose your language and click Select.
- Select "Remove Older Versions".
- Click Yes when asked "This will remove all older versions of the Java JRE...Are you sure you want to proceed?"
- Click Ok when search and removal of old versions has completed.
- A notice will appear indicating "Finished searching for all old versions...A logfile has been created...called JavaRa.log...
JavaRa will now open its logfile."
- Click Ok and notepad will open with the log results of what was found and removed.
- View the logfile and close notepad.
Then try this link here to install the newer version.
Choose the offline installation to download the file. When prompted, please choose "Save" in the download dialog box, and save the download package in a convenient place (e.g. save on the desktop). Do NOT choose "Open". Double click on the downloaded installation file to start the installation process.
Let me know if that helps!
Edited by DonnaB, 20 June 2010 - 12:15 PM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users