Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Deleting Operating System (no Other Install)

• Please log in to reply

Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
i waz also debating about to buy a tower and transfer my computer hardware in there so then i can just buy a regular burner... i dont know if that is possible and a safer way to go if i want to do all that, what do u think and if so what should i know how to do

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Thanks for the update!

I'm afraid I don't know much about the Vectra line of computers, but they appear to be very proprietary. I doubt you'd be able to mount the system in a standard tower. <_<

Tazz may be able to assist more...

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
I'm going to look into this more to see if the parts can go into a tower case from what I can see right now is that you would not be able to use the floppy drive its made to fit in that case only like most hp desk top and towers. but thats not a big deal you can get a new floppy drive for about $15 off line. I will post back soon on if the mother board hard drive Ect will go in to a atx case.
<_<

Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
yea i think puttin this in to a new case will in the long run save me money and be a better decision for future parts

Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
also would that be the only case that would be able to fit into? and if not, what does the case i buy have to have in it to be able to make the cut

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
hi
I have been tring to find out what MB they used in this system but I'm haveing a hard time finding out what the mother board is that will make what case you can buy ,atx, at,ect. there are so many case you can pick from the most likly one that is used is a atx case I want to make sure that the slots for you card are going to line up right once I find out the info. I need I can gave you links to sites you can look at the case that will work. If you can gave me any info on the MB it will help If you feel ok on opening up the case there will be numbers on the MB that will help find info. on it. I'm still looking to find if I can find out what MB is in your pc.
<_<

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Compare the back of your computer to this diagram.
Posted Image

I'm guessing it's not even close. It seems as thought the Vectra is HP's attempt at a Small Form Factor case (all the rage now with Shuttle cases).

What I could find with Google leads me to believe they have proprietary motherboards, power supplies, and case layouts that make moving into a standard ATX all but impossible. <_<

Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
tazz- of course i feel comfortable opening it up, i love doin that, ill try to get the numbers for u by today

admin-ill also try to find a picture of how my layout is and get it back to u,

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Good am
after a lot of searching this is what I have found out about the HP VECTRA VL
model pc,s most that I have found use the intel 810E or intel 815E motherboards these MB are a ATX format motherboard. To be sure if this is one of MB your pc is using I need to know what MHz your computer is or what model number it is.
<_<

Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
the model number is VECTRA VLi8 SF

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
hi
I have looked at this model and there are a couple of MB that they use for this model so if you can get the numbers off the MB it would be a big help from what i'm seeing so far most likely its a ATX board .
<_<

Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
i opened up my computer and found a little tab on the motherboard, it says

D4066-60016 (at the top left)

at the bottom middle it says : *S630KRE007D52* and then on the motherboard itself in plain white with no tab it says KZM-6120

Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
hey sry bout this but there is a chip on the board also that says

matrox MGA MGA-G200A-D29952KU266

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
hi
does your MB look like this one click on full size photo on this page Click Here
<_<

Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
thats her, except my model is the 6120, the picture had a 6121, i dn if that makes a difference in deciding, but other then that it looks exactly like that