Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

All 3 of my browsers (IE8, Firefox 3, Chrome 5) freeze randomly.

• Please log in to reply

High_Tech_Redneck

High_Tech_Redneck

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
For about a month now, all three of my browsers (Internet Explorer 8, Mozilla Firefox 3.6.3, and Google Chrome 5.0) keep freezing randomly. :) Windows 7 Action Center has reported to me that "Flash.ocx caused IE to crash.", and Google Chrome said in an error message that "Shockwave Flash Player was running slowly and crashed". This seems to happen regardless of the content of the site I am currently viewing at time of freeze-up, or how many sites I have open at one time.

Usually, restarting my browser will fix the issue temporarily. On occasion IE will freeze repeatedly every time I launch it, my only solution being to restart the computer. Only once have I been able to replicate a freeze-up on all three browsers in a row, repeatedly, using the same website -- YouTube -- to test.

Reinstalling all Adobe products, with the exception of PDF Reader, even using the online uninstaller, then re-downloading has not fixed the problem.

One time a Windows System Restore seemed to fix the issue, but I would rather not try that now as the restore would have to over a month ago and I have made several minor changes during that time.

P. S. Both times this started happening after I used DellConnect remote support service. Could there be any connection?

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

With Aloha,

Bubba the Computer Guy -- the High Tech Redneck :)

Edited by High_Tech_Redneck, 23 June 2010 - 01:20 AM.

Advertisements

High_Tech_Redneck

High_Tech_Redneck

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Here is the output from Windows 7 Action Center which I forgot to include in the first post.

Also, I just completed (about a week ago) a full reinstallation of all Adobe prdocts from the Remove Programs list and do still experience the issue.
--------------------------------

Source
Internet Explorer

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎5/‎13/‎2010 5:55 PM

Status
Solution available

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\internet explorer\iexplore.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: iexplore.exe
Application Version: 8.0.7600.16385
Application Timestamp: 4a5bc69e
Fault Module Name: Flash10e.ocx
Fault Module Version: 10.0.45.2
Fault Module Timestamp: 4b5f8faa
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 001e41a5
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 1708551230

High_Tech_Redneck

High_Tech_Redneck

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
UPDATE: The freeze up seems to happen when I attempt to switch back to my browser window after having had another window on top of my browser. Does this help determine the problem?