Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I keep my integrated webcam set as default?

• Please log in to reply

High_Tech_Redneck

High_Tech_Redneck

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
My PC is a Dell studioXPS 16. It has an integrated 2.0 MP webcam. Usually, I have all my IM/camera programs (Windows Live, Yahoo, Skype, Dell Webcam Central) set to use the integrated webcam as default.

Normally disconnecting and reconnecting my USB TV tuner, an ATI TV Wonder 600, would not change my webcam defaults. However, lately every time I unplug and then plug in my USB television tuner, the video source on all my chat programs is set to the TV picture output.

This seemed to start happening after I used the original TV software (Total Media 3.5) which came with the tuner to check analog reception just for interest. I checked that software again, switched it's TV viewing setting back to digital, but that did not seem to fix this issue. Normally I use Media Center instead of Total Media 3.5 for Live TV watching/recording.

Any ideas on this? Thanks.

Aloha from Hawaii,

Bubba the Computer Guy :)

Advertisements

High_Tech_Redneck

High_Tech_Redneck

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
UPDATE: At this topic was started, the issue seemed to be in all chat/IM applications. Since that time, I have checked all the setting and set all programs to use my Integrated Webcam as the default.

All programs except Skype have stayed as I set them. Therefore, I will further ivestigate a fix for Skype as the glitch seems to be in that application only.