Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Personal Media Drive is not recognized or remembered

• Please log in to reply

Ron13

Ron13

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Somebody please help me!!! I just bought a personal media drive and I am trying to install it into an H P Pavilion M7360N desk top computer. It is running XP Media Center edition 2002 service pack 3 operating system. The computer will not recognize the drive on the first boot of the day however if I restart it, it will. Also when ever the computer goes to standby, when I bring it back it has lost the PMD information and does a hardware auto install again. It’s a real pain. Thanks for reading. Now it has changed to only asking what application I would like to open it with when clicked. Update 6/21/2010 Now I can unplug it at night and boot in the morning then plug it in and it will open a content page but if I close the page it returns to “which application I want to use to open it with”. Note: if I did any of this wrong but you can still access it please tell [email protected]

Advertisements