Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Logs for malware removal

• Please log in to reply

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Hi maser has gone on Holiday so I will take over now. Before we proceed could you let me know your current status. Can you boot OK, do your programmes work, anything unusual happening

Advertisements

ghost_sniper_777

ghost_sniper_777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
only starts in safe mode(s) not normal or last known good on restart options. Apparently had issues with service pack 3 download.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
OK with it now - I needed to refresh myself on the thread. Do you have a windows CD ? As with that we can reset the files prior to the service pack install

ghost_sniper_777

ghost_sniper_777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
I don't have one, but I have a buddy in comm section at work and will ask for it tomorrow at work. I'll be "in the field" doing training on the 8th and back home at end of the month. I hope that fixes it and he can get me a cd tomorrow!

Thank you for helping out while maser00 is on holiday.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
OK when you have the CD follow the instructions on this page

ghost_sniper_777

ghost_sniper_777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Dude didn't come through today- so at 5am 7/8/2010 I'll be gone till 7/26/2010 ish doing training. Thanks for help and I'll get back on once I'm back and unpacked! :)

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
OK I will probably lose notifications - so could you PM me on your return :)