Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Speakers Not Recognized HELP

• Please log in to reply

JimmyKash

JimmyKash

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My computer does not seem to recognize that speakers are plugged in. The speakers are generic dell speakers that I believe came with the computer. They just recently started not working.

A couple of weeks ago my computers power box (I guess that's what it is. The box inside the computer that the power cord plugs into) broke after a power surge. I got a new one and the system worked fine. About a week later I ran into a few problems, like the speakers would stop being recognized until i reset the computer.

Also around this time my computer was infected with a major virus. I wound up just reseting the entire system. After doing this however, the speakers just completely stopped working. The speakers work with other computers, just not mine. Did the system rest mess with the audio or did the power surge break something? can I fix this easily?

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
You probably just need to re-install the sound driver. This is supplied by your PC manufacturer on their website support area. You will need to know the model name and number of your PC.

JimmyKash

JimmyKash

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks. It works now!