Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2007-"Cannot open your defualt email folders"

• Please log in to reply

george28

george28

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I keep getting the above message all of a sudden. It also tells me this error can occur if I attempt to run outlook from a terminal service session when the .OST is in use by another program. (or something to that affect). I have a private home laptop. I don't have any consoles or external terminals to log into. This happened yesterday after I had to repair my XP operating system as some files were missing (according to my computer). I tried to reinstall outlook but same issue.
Can someone tell me how to fix this. I searched the internet but I still cant understand the instructions. Can someone walk me through this like I'm five years old? Thanks so much. I really need my outlook to work for my home business.

Edited by george28, 24 June 2010 - 11:27 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
open up any microsoft office program (word is usually the easiest) and click on help in the tool bar, then click on detect and repair, put a check box in both boxes and press ok. let that run till it's finished and try outlook again

george28

george28

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
There is no "help" on the toolbar. Just a "?" This is 2007. It trys to take me to "online help" but nothing happens. Guess this is NOT an option.. Again please...like I'm five years old. Any other ideas? Thx.

Edited by george28, 24 June 2010 - 01:44 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
sorry, i forgot you said office 2007

http://www.howtogeek...ft-office-2007/

george28

george28

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Says nothings wrong. It didn't work. Any other ideas?