Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Static when playing some audio cd's

• Please log in to reply

Si84

Si84

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys this is my first post so any help would be appreciated.

I recently bought my first laptop, a HP G62 105sa and I am having a problem when trying to play some cd's I have previously bought in shops. With some whether I play it straight away or whether I rip it then play it from my library the sound is really crackly and sounds like when you are trying to tune in a radio station. As the laptop is only a few weeks old I have spoken to the store where I got it and they suggested reinstalling windows 7 which I have done however I am still having this problem. Someone else said that some cd's are copy protected and that's why the sound quality is poor but wouldn't I have a message appear to tell me they are copy protected and approx 5 out of 15 cd's I have tried are playing with this static. Does anyone think the hardware is faulty and the actual cd drive itself needs looking at? I am a complete novice and have no idea why this is happening so any comments would be great.

Thanks

Advertisements