Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My taskbar toolbars dissapear after each reboot

• Please log in to reply

S.O.A.D.A.

S.O.A.D.A.

• PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Hello,

I like creating various toolbars for ease-of-use on my taskbar, including Quick Launch, which I've added.
I've got Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit.
They just disappear after each reboot.
How can I make them be permanent?
: )

Thanks,
SOADA

Advertisements

computerxpds

computerxpds

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 44 posts
Hi,

What exactly do you mean by toolbars? Also have you tried locking the taskbar to see if that keeps them there? :)

S.O.A.D.A.

S.O.A.D.A.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Hello,

Well, I right-click on the Taskbar -> Toolbars -> New Toolbar, then I navigate to a folder, click OK & voila.
My taskbar is always locked, unless I feel brave enough to move things around. Then I lock it again.

After reboot all is gone. Not to mention that quite often I need to re-install my wireless mouse & keyboard drivers. My M$ mouse & keyborad....

S.O.A.D.A.

S.O.A.D.A.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
I'm thinking of a workaround: if I knew where in the registry those settings were stored (of the toolbars I've created), I could create a registry backup file for that key and run it each time after I reboot. I could even set it to run automatically at boot and in silent mode, so I won't have to do a thing : )

Could you please tell me where these settings are located in the registry?

Thanks,
SOADA

Edited by S.O.A.D.A., 03 July 2010 - 04:20 PM.