Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WINDOWS File in Recycling Bin

• Please log in to reply

xElysium

xElysium

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey, how's it going, everyone?
I've just run across this website, and found a place, that could quite possibly answer my questions without having to deal with the hassle of on-the-phone technical support. Can't stand that.
At any rate, I've run across a bit of a problem, and figured I'd see if anyone could assist me in discovering the nature and gravity of this dillema in my machine.

I turned on my computer, about. . . thirty minutes ago, and have just come to find that what appears to be a WINDOWS file has ended up in the recycling bin. But, I didn't put it there. Now, here's the strange part.

When I open the bin, to put that folder in its proper place. . .

And it's not there. ><!!! This has been quite frustrating as I can't seem to find a solution in very many places. This isn't the first time it's happened. The last time, I restarted. And ended up with a blank desktop on restart. I was able to resolve the issue on Safe Mode, with IOBIT 360. But, I don't want this to be a recurring problem. Is there any way to resolve this problem permanently, before it becomes an extreme, reoccuring annoyance?

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
How do you know a Windows file/folder is actually in the Recycle Bin if there's nothing there to be seen?