Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

system.exe and lsass.exe

• Please log in to reply

woodskid12

woodskid12

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have windows XP 2000 and I recently tried to turn my computer on and I got a screen where it asked how I wanted to boot up my computer. I told it to boot up normally. It started its boot process and then after about a minute to two minutes later I got a black screen with two error messages. One was a system.exe error and the other was a lsass.exe error message. I clicked ok on both of those and I just got a black screen with just the cursor.
So my question would be, how do I get rid of these two error messages seeing as I can not access my computer at all?
I tried to boot up the computer all the other ways (safe mode, compatibality mode, exc.)and I still had the same problem.
PLEASE HELP, what should I do?

Advertisements

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello woodskid12 and welcome to Geeks To Go forums.

I have never heard of system.exe however I have heard of lsass.exe now depending on where these are these maybe viruses however i'm not trained on this forum to deal with this matter and this will be best left for the malware team.

Before following the repair guide as listed below you may want to perform a manual system retore (as I call it.) To do this please see this post by wannabe1 our tech administrator. (P.S, only go back to the date where your first problem occurred)

You may want to perform a repair installation and this should get you up and going. You will also need your original disc and licence. For more information please see this post

If this works which it should you might want to do the following.
  • Backup all your important data that you cannot afford to lose
  • Get your system checked for malware by visiting this topic where our experts will be able to tell you if your system has malware or not. Also read the important topics at the top prior to posting your problem as that tells you what to do, especially read this topic.
Regards

Edited by wizzy2k5, 28 June 2010 - 02:57 AM.

woodskid12

woodskid12

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank yoiu the infromation you provided me was very helpful :)