Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

booting problems

• Please log in to reply

grifinas

grifinas

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Helo, i recently had a problem. I updated my geforce 6200 from 174 version (i think) to a 25* (* - number i'm not sure of) and i might have goten a virus that same day. When updated windows asked to restart my PC so that's what i did (manualy), but when booting for around half a second a blue screen comes (if i remember corectly a "blue screen of death" looks difrently, but i've only seen it once) with something writen, but it's too fast to read. After that the system reboots again an gives the option to run in safe mode; safe mode with network; safe mode with command and prompt; last working configuration; normaly only safe mod work.
In safe mode i ran spybot and deleted the new virus but after rebooting yet again- nothing changed. So i wonder can the updated driver cause this? (in the window that lets me chose the startup mode there's writen "the hardware or SOFTWARE may be causing this") so i wonder is it posible to get back to the older driver?
I know nothing about hardware, but it doesn't seem very logical, that PC would sudenly stop working cause of it. I don't clean the dust of the inside of the PC, but i still don't think that is the problem.

If it isn't posible to get back to the older drivers or if you guys don't think that would help, please post a way to fix this without reinstaling Windows(for i don't have Windows CD)

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
If you can get into safe mode do a system restore to the date before you updated the driver.

grifinas

grifinas

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

If you can get into safe mode do a system restore to the date before you updated the driver.

the system restore doesn't seem to work, but i will try again

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

the system restore doesn't seem to work, but i will try again

What do you mean it doesn't work?
Are there any restore points to choose from or is it not restoring when you pick a restore point?