Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ms works

• Please log in to reply

maryjs1

maryjs1

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
:tazz: I am unable to get ms works to work on my win 98..when i try, the message ....not a valid win32 application..never had this problem b4. it has always worked prior to this..i did not add any new programs or install anything lately..

thanks,
mary

Edited by maryjs1, 23 May 2005 - 07:55 AM.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Try THIS fix..

Murray

maryjs1

maryjs1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
hello,
i did it and the error message is still there..not a valid win32 application..what on earth does that mean anyway?
thx
mary

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Do you have your MSWorks cd handy??

It usually means a corrupted file and that could require a re-install!!

One last thing.. can you post the EXACT, entire error message??

Murray

Edited by Murray S., 23 May 2005 - 08:12 AM.

maryjs1

maryjs1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
it says...C:\ProgramFiles\MSWorks\MSWORKS.EXE is not a valid Win 32 application.
My cd drive does not work because it is off track...it was stuck one time and i used a knife to pry it open so i pulled it off the track...
thanks
mary

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
cd-rom's are a dime a dozen now.. get a new one and replace the broken one as you need to re-install MSWorks!!!

Without a working cd-rom, should Windows ever crash, you would never be able to repair it!!

Murray

maryjs1

maryjs1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi Murray,
thanks for the tip..but i do have one other question about this msworks... why did this happen? I did not change anything on the pc regarding adding programs and such.
ty
mary

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Can't answer that.. Could be a bad sector on your hdd where the msworks.exe file resides .. could have been a bad shutdown or the file simply corrupted.. :tazz:

This sort of thing happens all the time!!

Murray

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
Just a thought, where did you got the installer? Is the application you are trying to install designed to run on the platform? What I meant was, it could be that the MSWORKS you had in hand was designed to run on eg.: Pocket PC,Smartphones,PDA,etc. and other Operating Systems(OS). That is why it states that it is not a valid Win32 application.

I need you to verify the specs and requirements of MSWORKS.

Edited by kool808, 25 May 2005 - 02:21 AM.