Jump to content

Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Laptop will not power on


  • Please log in to reply

#1
mjcarter

mjcarter

    New Member

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello,

I have a Dell Studio 1535 laptop and it will not power on. I push the power button and nothing happens. When I plug the power adapter in the charging light will come on for ~1 sec and then turn off. If I take out the battery and put it back in while the charger is connected, the charging light will flash from white to red then white again. I don't know what is going on. Does anybody have any idea? Thank you.
  • 0

Advertisements


#2
phillpower2

phillpower2

    Tech Staff

  • Technician
  • 20,019 posts
Hi mjcarter :)
Does the laptop work with the power adaptor plugged in but with the battery removed?
If it does it would suggest a failed battery, how old is the battery?
  • 0

#3
mjcarter

mjcarter

    New Member

  • Topic Starter
  • Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for the reply. No, the laptop will not power on at all. The battery is less than 2 years old, as is the entire system.
  • 0

#4
phillpower2

phillpower2

    Tech Staff

  • Technician
  • 20,019 posts
An earlier post is having a similar problem, and it seems it is quite
often a problem with the power jack at the back of the laptop becoming
damaged, after constant plugging & unplugging it can become detached
from the motherboard, http://www.geekstogo...howtopic=280125
I have also seen the suggestion of removing the AC adapter & battery &
then pressing the power on switch for 30 seconds, this apparently dispels
any excess charge that has built up in the computer.
  • 0






Similar Topics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

Microsoft Yahoo BBC MSN PC Magazine Washington Post HP