Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow computer

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
That means there is something that is missing.
Can you borrow a XP installation disk of the same type you have installed...[b]Home, Media or Pro['b]?
You can then run the scan to fix any problem files.
If you can't borrow a disk then we will have a problem trying to fix the system.

Advertisements

BucketHead

BucketHead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have no disc. All friends computers are different kind and I want windows xp on it still. Also we have a disc but its far away and wont get to it anytime soon. So were done problem probably files messed up? Also that thing popped up like 20 times then eventually closed without finishing.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yes it will continue to ask for the cd till it gets through everything.
At this point you would either have to wait to get the cd or purchase a new XP installation cd.

BucketHead

BucketHead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Alright. Ill just wait till I get to meet with the guy with my disc and reformat. I wanted to say thanks for the help and assistance and sorry time was wasted, but that is forums many times. Once again thanks the both of you. :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No waste of time as that is why we are here. This topic will remain open so when you do get the disk just reply back and we will continue on.
I appreciate that you let us assist you and we will remain here to help if you chose to continue.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

Alright. Ill just wait till I get to meet with the guy with my disc and reformat

.No need to reformat when you get the CD. We can come back and try the sfc/ scannow first.