Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

driver issues after format

• Please log in to reply

mboy12

mboy12

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
Hi, im using a dell laptop, recently i was forced to format it and reload windows xp. after the format pretty much none of the drivers work on it, specifically the usb ports and the wireless card. I tried to update them with the device manager but that didnt work..being unable to get on the internet means i cant download drivers online...what can i do??

Edited by mboy12, 29 June 2010 - 07:04 PM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What model is the Dell laptop?
Have you tried going to the Dell driver download page for your laptop?

mboy12

mboy12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

What model is the Dell laptop?
Have you tried going to the Dell driver download page for your laptop?

it is a dell latitude d620
I did go to the dell website...wasn't sure what i needed or how to get it to my laptop

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK I see what you mean now. There are lots of ones for the wireless. Have you tried putting in your service tag number on the Dell site?
That would give you all the original drivers for your system.
The wireless will be under network and the usb will most likely be under input devices or a chipset driver.

mboy12

mboy12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

OK I see what you mean now. There are lots of ones for the wireless. Have you tried putting in your service tag number on the Dell site?
That would give you all the original drivers for your system.
The wireless will be under network and the usb will most likely be under input devices or a chipset driver.

ok thanks. Since my laptop can't connect to the internet, what would be the best way to get the drivers onto the laptop?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yes put in your service tag number.
Download all the drivers for your system to your desktop in a folder named Drivers
Then burn those all to a cd and mark it Drivers
Then you will have them in case something happens in the future.
Let me know if you figure it out and if not I will do a little more research and try to help decide which are the exact drivers for your system.