Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sims 3 game is very slow

• Please log in to reply

Dorien

Dorien

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hi, I've been playing the sims 3 for quite a while now. I've never had any problem with it, but all of a sudden, it became very slow. It takes about 20 minutes to load a family, and before the game went slow, that was about 1 or 2 minutes. Also during the playing, ist always gets stuck. I have enough memory left and my computer is perfect according to the requirements. I don't know what's wrong. It used to word just fine

Requirements and stuff are in the image

Attached Files

Edited by Dorien, 01 July 2010 - 09:29 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Neither do we because with respect you haven't told us anything about your machine.
What is your computer make and model please?

Dorien

Dorien

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Edited by Dorien, 01 July 2010 - 10:05 AM.

Dorien

Dorien

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Neither do we because with respect you haven't told us anything about your machine.
What is your computer make and model please?

I've added it to my original message

ZaRMan

ZaRMan

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
Which site did you use to get that system requirements check?

Taomech

Taomech

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
The site that provides the requirement listings is "Can You Run It", by System Requirements Lab.
It can be found here.

Thanks,
Taomech

Travza

Travza

• Pip
  • 3 posts
It could be a matter of the number of families you have saved. Loading times would likely suffer given increases in family size.

Has this problem been a sudden one or have you observed loading time gradually increasing up until this point?

Dorien

Dorien

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

It could be a matter of the number of families you have saved. Loading times would likely suffer given increases in family size.

Has this problem been a sudden one or have you observed loading time gradually increasing up until this point?

No, it used to word fine, and suddenly it was slow. I deleted the game from my computer and re-installed it, but the game remains slow...