Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen of Death after plugging up printer to USB

• Please log in to reply

Chasilver

Chasilver

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Dell workstation 650 and i recently brought a HP deskjet D1660. Everytime it comes to the part of the installation where i have to hook up the printer, i get the blue screen of death. The error for it is:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Stop: 0x00000050 (0xFFFFFFF6,0x00000000,oxF7A468EB,0x00000000)

Yesterday i updated my BIOS from A03 to A05 as it said to do this to see if it would help, but i still get the same message.
It doesn't only happen with the printer, the same thing happens when i tried to hooked up the USB 2.0 4-PORT Hub. I thought maybe buying one of these would maybe help but it didn't.
We also brought 2 memory sticks one time to save some files we had, but those too ended in the same result.
I dont really know much about this kinda stuff, i did see the post about the error codes and the solutions, but yea that kinda went over my head.

Im not sure what to do next. ive tried to update the drivers for my USB but it says it already has the most updated.

Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks
Chasilver

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
One reason that may cause this is that your power supply is streched to its limits and any new demand for more power (new things plugeed in your usb ports) will cause your power supply to not be able to supply constant power to your motherboard so causing the reboots.

Check your power supply power output and change it to a better one (try another one before buying if you can).

Depending of your hardware (video card, how many hd, how many add on cards ect) and computer you could need 450 watt or more.

Chasilver

Chasilver

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Okay thanks. Where can i go to look into that in my p.c to see what i have? I went to control panel, then performances and maintenance, then power options.
I clicked on the tab UPS and it told me the following (not sure if this is even what you are talking about but only thing i could find about power supply):
* the status was all in gray like it wasn't an option.
* in the details box it said none, like there was no manufacturer for it.
* then the last box said "the UPS is currently stopped"

Is the Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) the power supply you are talking of, or is this something totally different?

Sorry if I'm not explaining clearly, I'm not too good with computer terms.
Thanks
Chasilver

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
The Power supply inside your worksation where your electrical cord is plug into.

You will have to open your case and see the label on the power supply.

The default power supply for your Dell is suppose to be a 460 watt which should be enough if nothing was added to your workstation snd it is still .