Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Latest update .Net Framework Assistant not showing in addons

• Please log in to reply

eradic8

eradic8

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I just installed three updates from Microsoft, that were published on the 22nd of June. They are (KB982519) update for Windows Vista,(KB982525) Microsoft.Net Framework 3.5 SP1, Windows Vista SP2, and Windows Server 2008 SP2 update x86 and also (KB982670)Microsoft.Net Framework 4 Client Profile for Windows Vista x86.

Checking in Firefox Addons I can see that there is an Addon - Microsoft.Net Framework Assistant 1.2.1

My question is, should this not be showing as 3.5 instead of 1.2.1, or this number not relevant to the latest install.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Net Framework and Net Framework Assistant are related but not the same thing, so the version numbers will have no relevance to each other. Net Framework Assistant 1.2.1 is a component of Net Framework 3.5 SP1. The 'Assistant' component is installed into Firefox when NF 3.5 SP1 is installed (without any warning to the user I might add).

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 02 July 2010 - 09:43 AM.

eradic8

eradic8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Net Framework and Net Framework Assistant are related but not the same thing, so the version numbers will have no relevance to each other. Net Framework Assistant 1.2.1 is a component of Net Framework 3.5 SP1. The 'Assistant' component is installed into Firefox when NF 3.5 SP1 is installed (without any warning to the user I might add).

Thanks for your help,I have it disabled anyway along with Windows Presentation Foundation, and Java Deployment Toolkit.