Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AV Security Suite Virus

• Please log in to reply

msbug

msbug

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
My sister's computer is infected with AV Security Suite. She has mozilla as her browser and uses Windows XP. Her computer is older so it doesn't have alot of memory. She has AVG, Spywareblaster, CCleaner and Malwarebytes. I went into safemode and tried to scan with Malwarebytes and it is now coming up with error code 702 so it won't open. I figured I could get rid of the virus with that, but now I can't use it. I am in safemode while typing this. I was afraid to post here otherwise. Any help would be appreciated. I am not a complete novice, but not an expert. Thank you.

Advertisements

msbug

msbug

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
I was able to go in safe mode and uninstall malwarebytes and then reinstall. Did a scan and there were 5 infected items. Removed those and I am doing her updates for the other programs. I restarted and the AV Suite seems to be gone. I looked through her history and I don't know how she got this I didn't see anything and she said she only went on sites she had gone on before.

For now it looks like everything is ok. If not I will be back. Thank you.