Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Blue screen of death", repeated 0X000000F4 error

• Please log in to reply

khamaar

khamaar

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hello Dears,

After installing Windows XP, the computer runs fine for a day (atmost) the i get the blue screen, which says at the base "beginning dumping of physical memory"...when i re-install windows, i get this problem again and again....

I wrote the message it gave me last time.. it said..

STOP: 0X000000F4 (0X00000003, 0X85EB47DO, 0X85EB4944, 0X805D1142)

[there is a possibility of error in this code cuz i have low eye-sight but hopefully u'll find the problem.. ]

I have been having this problem since i introduced SATA hard-disks, first i had it with the an 80 GB WD hard-disk, then i switched to a non-SATA which worked fine...then i bought a 320 gb sata WD hard-disk and again im being devastated...

My computer specifications are..

Intel D945gccr core 2 duo @ 2GHz
Ram- Kingston 1 GB

Please Please Please Help me...
God give you and your family everything u wish for if you solve my problem!!!!

thnx

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
When you enter your BIOS (F2)
go check these option

SATA Modes (AHCI; Hot Swap)
The SATA controller has three modes of operation:

IDE mode - no AHCI, no RAID
SATA mode (sometimes called AHCI mode) - AHCI enabled, no RAID
RAID mode - AHCI enabled, RAID enabled

AHCI mode also allows for Hot Swapping drives.

Switching SATA modes in the BIOS after installing the operating system is not recommended when a SATA drive is the boot drive. Switching modes may cause an immediate blue screen with an 0x0000007b error code, followed by a reboot.

For complete information on the SATA Mode, refer to Changing and/or choosing SATA modes.

khamaar

khamaar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
So will this prevent this "STOP: 0X000000F4 (0X00000003, 0X85EB47DO, 0X85EB4944, 0X805D1142)"

will doing wat you told me save me from the "Blue screen of death" forever after?

khamaar

khamaar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
So will this prevent this "STOP: 0X000000F4 (0X00000003, 0X85EB47DO, 0X85EB4944, 0X805D1142)"

will doing wat you told me save me from the "Blue screen of death" forever after?

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Download BlueScreenView (in Zip file)
No installation required.
Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

khamaar

khamaar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I double clicked on the BlueScreenView.exe and nothing happened, and i think i know why...there was no "Minidump" file in C:/WINDOWS

I searched for minidump in the whole "C" drive, even in case-sensitive and hidden, but no minidump....

[By the way, when the last 0X000000F4 error occurred , i shut down my computer from the power switch and switched out the hard-disk, i put the hard-disk into another computer i had , and found that the OS was working fine...and now i am writing from the same hard-disk]

So what should i do now???

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

there was no "Minidump" file in C:/WINDOWS

Create one.
Also, make sure, your settings are correct...

1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel (Start>Control Panel in Vista).
2. Double-click System.
3. Click (Advanced system settings link in Vista, then --->)the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
4. Make sure, there is a checkmark in Write an event to the system log.
5. In the Write debugging information list, click Small memory dump (64k) (128K in Windows 7).

khamaar

khamaar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I have done what you told me, I also have run "RegCure" and repaired a few registry errors. I installed XP on the problematic computer, I am awaiting a blue-screen error to come by. I will update if it comes.
I have also set up Dr. Watson to write user.dmp to my D:\ drive. I hope this will also be helpful in solving my case. Will update.....

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

I also have run "RegCure" and repaired a few registry errors

Registry tools are absolutely not recommended. Here is why: http://miekiemoes.bl...weaking_13.html

khamaar

khamaar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I got the blue screen today, but just as i got it, i switched off the power, and changed my sata cables, the computer started running again. I had already setup my computer to make dump files in case of error. I got one file, maybe you can make something of it.

Here is the link to User.dmp file which was created after that error..

http://www.techspot....mp;d=1278600147

Edited by khamaar, 08 July 2010 - 08:49 AM.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
It's rather hard to see a real culprit from one dump file, but...please, run BlueScreenView from my reply #5