Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Short sound lags

• Please log in to reply

l3th4l

l3th4l

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
Hello once again.. Don`t know if this is the right section to post this (Even thou it seems it`s) , anyway i`m going right to the problem . For some reason my audio recently started to "strutter" .. Or in other worlds it seems to lag for few miliseconds i`m watching to some audio and i hear BRrrr or the audio getting 100x slower (just an expression) for a second or half of second. I think something might be wrong with my CPU just recently i noticed that my CPU was running only at half of his speed "GHz", it happened after i reset my bios , i read in some forum that i should set it to FSB to 166 and it worked , but for some reason this strange bug happens . I think windows doesn`t have anything to do with it because it happened in the past before i reinstalled my windows. Here are my computer specs :
AMD Athlon XP 2800+ 2.09 GHZ
Radeon HD 3650 AGP video card
Sound card Creative Inspire P580 (This sound card requires drivers , not codecs , actual drivers)
1GB of ram If you need anything else just ask.
Side note : I can`t seem to find the drivers for my sound card on creative page (They`re kinda old) Thou i have the manufactured cd , and when i upload something on torrents (yeah it`s illegal , i don`t give a s***) the pc starts to lag insanely too (If it`s up to 200kb) i don`t seem to have this problem with downloading). Thanks for help in advance :) .

EDIT: OH wait i just noticed that the sound lag gets bigger when i`m opening new website too ( Maybe download somehow causes the lag? )

EDIT2: Oh wait torrents lag too when i download them.

Edited by l3th4l, 04 July 2010 - 09:50 AM.

Advertisements