Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

8800 gt will not boot up on one mobo but fine on another

• Please log in to reply

alestor666

alestor666

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
A friend of mine recently purchased a used 8800 gt card from a co worker the card worked fine in the coworkers computer i don't know any specs on it and the card also works fine in my dell xps 410 once i put it into a computer i built for my friend with a zotac motherboard the cards fan spins to the max but the screen just says its in power save mode press any key to wake up. i tired swapping his psu into my computer to check that it was okay and it still booted up in my computer. I also tried putting a gtx 260 in his computer and it booted up no problem. their are no death tones that are presented when the computer is powered up or anything. On random boot ups the computer will start up but most the time the keyboard and mouse wont move. Sounds like something in the bios may be non compliant with that card? any help greatly appreciated ill have more model numbers for the zotac board shortly.

Advertisements

alestor666

alestor666

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Motherboard is a Zotac G31 the non value edition

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,792 posts
Hi alestor666
There is a little bit of info here that could offer an explanation,
its in this section, Compatibility issue with PCI-E 1.0a
http://en.wikipedia....eForce_8_Series

alestor666

alestor666

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Thank you for the response and that does seem like that would be what the problem is what confuses me is that the card did boot up in the computer ONCE at random for now reason any reason why?