Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HDMI to HDMI through laptop

• Please log in to reply

hoopsman

hoopsman

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
I just recently got a HP Pavillion DV 6 laptop w/ a blu ray drive and HDMI output. Its a great little laptop, and i was hoping i could hook it up to my family's HDTV. Its a 36" panasonic CRT 1080i HDTV with one HDMI port. I found a HDMI cable we had around, and hooked it up to the laptop.
I instantly noticed how bad it looked, with colors out of whack, text was kinda blurry, and when i watched a DVD it looked worse through HDMI then through my DVD player through RGB. I changed a bunch of settings, like GPU scaling, and resolution to make the Picture as good as possible, but even when i had the output resolution to 1920x1080, it still looked pretty bad. Might it be the cable? Some different settings to change? The videocard is an ATI HD4250.
Any help would be much appreciated, and i really want to watch some blu ray movies in Full HD!!
Also, i am thinking it might be the TV, cause it is a little older, and isnt flat screen or Full HD. I also just recently tried a brand new HDMI cable from Staples, and it was the same quality as the other one.

Edited by hoopsman, 06 July 2010 - 08:11 PM.

Advertisements