Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error Message when I start up my Computer

• Please log in to reply

claudiathompson

claudiathompson

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I have been getting this window popping up when I start up my computer:

Windows- No Disk
Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c

It could be when I accidentally clicked my A Drive thing?

Or when I tried one time recently to do afull system restore? I tried putting in my HP Restore disk to see if it would stop the error but that didnt work.

I also recently tried in re-install my Microsoft Hom Essentials CDs onto my computer, but couldnt get it to work.

Can anyone tell me what to do? I click "Cancel" when the error comes up but it still does it when I start up my computer.

I hope it isnt anything serious.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Try here: http://www.consuming...processing.html

claudiathompson

claudiathompson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hello Broni,

I tried the first thing on the 'step by step' advice on the link you gave me and changed the letters for all of my removable drives and restarted my computer but that didnt work, I still get the error message.

And so, according to the link you gave me, that means its the A Drive that is the problem, which is what I suspected anyway, since I mistakenly clicked the A drive the other day.

But the problem is that when I then follow the next advice given:

it's still coming up with the same error and you can tell (from the sounds it makes - well I can) that it's trying to access your floppy drive, the above method won't let you change drive A. But what you can do is try this (at your own risk!): rightclick My Computer, choose Properties, Hardware, Device Manager, expand both Floppy Disk Controllers and Floppy Disk Drives, rightclick Standard floppy disk controller and Uninstall, and do the same Uninstall for Floppy disk drive if necessary. Reboot your computer, and it should reinstall the disk drive A.

This doesnt work because when I right click "My Computer" and then "Properties" an entirely different thing comes up, which is the "General" and Shortcut" tabs and nothing there about "Hardware" at all.

Can you help me find where I can locate what he is talking about? I have Windows XP if that helps any.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
To access Device Manager, go Start>Run, type in:
devmgmt.msc
Click OK.