Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

samsung ML-2510 smart panel error message

• Please log in to reply

rambro

rambro

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
Hi all,

I am getting the following error message from my samsung ml-2510 mono laser printer: the current printer port is not supported for the printer status.

Operating system: Windows xp professional 32 bit.

lastest driver 1.57.11

lastest smart panel installed.

I am using a parallel port connector from my tower PC directly to my samsung laser printer.

I called up samsung support, did what the said but problem still remains.

The laser printer prints fine, except for the error message.

rambro

Edited by rambro, 07 July 2010 - 12:16 PM.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
It's purely a software issue in my view, probably a 'bug' in the latest version of SmartPanel or the printer driver. It appears to mean that the printer software can't keep you fully informed about the printer's status while it's connected via a parallel port.

Try reverting to the previous SmartPanel and/or driver version, or just ignore it if the printer works okay.

It is just possible, however, that if printer status is not fully operational, you may not get any warning on-screen when the toner is exhausted or some other printer-related event occurs.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 07 July 2010 - 03:15 PM.