Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

newbie HELP PLEASE

• Please log in to reply

ellyjam

ellyjam

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hello peeps. im a newbie here.

im not really into pc software stuff....but i badly needed help!

lately, there had been (spyware) windows popping up every minute i open a link. i tried downloading free trial scan of NOADWARE that it was too late when i read that it was a F&*$##$G SCAM. Fooled everyone. Its a good thing though, i haven't register.

So the problem is, after the trial scan, it had detected that my pc are infected with stuff like unconsented [bleep] calls (which i dont do links) that they have been spying every transactions i do on my pc....blah blah blah.

So, my question is, should i believe what NOADWARE has detected? Do i download all software on this link: http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

please help me.

Advertisements

StarHawk

StarHawk

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Hi ellyjam and welcome to Geeks to Go.

I believe NoAdware is a scam. Supposedly they are cleaning their act up but I would not trust them at all. ;)

Note on NoAdware:  NoAdware was listed on this page because of concerns with false positives and the use of aggressive, deceptive advertising (1, 2, 3) including exploitation of the name "ad-aware" (1). Earlier versions of NoAdware were also the same underlying application as Adware Hitman, Consumer Identity, Protect Your Identity, SpyBan, SpywareAssassin, Spyware C.O.P., SpywareKilla, The Adware Hunter, & TheSpywareKiller. Over the past few months, NoAdware has taken aggressive steps to reign in its affiliates (who were primarily responsible for the unsavory advertising) and released a new version of NoAdware (version 3.0) that addresses our concerns with false positves. Given these changes we can no longer regard NoAdware as "rogue/suspect" anti-spyware.

To avoid scams like that use the software we recommend here or consult this web site, Rogue Anti-spyware programs

as to

Do i download all software on this link: http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

Yeah ya do. Follow the instructions there step by step and post a hijack this log and we will help you clean up your machine. Just be sure to post in the malware section of this forum, Click Here to visit the malware removal forum.
:tazz:

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
Yeah, I was fooled into Spyware COP once. :tazz:

ellyjam

ellyjam

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
[Yeah ya do. Follow the instructions there step by step and post a hijack this log and we will help you clean up your machine. Just be sure to post in the malware section of this forum, Click Here to visit the malware removal forum.
:tazz:

View Post

[/quote]

ive logged on again today, and as of this moment there were no more unwanted pop ups appear (since i remove the noadware scan yesterday) Do i still need to do some cleaning? Can you recommend a RELIABLE software that just scan if there are existing spyware or adware on my pc?

thanks a bunch for your help. ;)

;)