Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cannot connect to internet after virus removal

• Please log in to reply

shelley64

shelley64

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I am trying to help my mother-in-law who has a Toshiba Satellite M45 that uses Config Free to connect to the internet. I am not familiar with that program. She had a nasty virus and had someone come in and clean it up, but afterwards he discovered this error "Toshiba Network Device Usermode I/O Protocol, Please reinstall ConfigFree" upon reboot. He told her she would have to buy a new laptop. Seems ridiculous to me. Everything else works. I tried to reinstall Config free, but I think I had some issue with it. I've been working on this for awhile. Everything seems to be there. Anyway, to bypass that error (she doesn't have original discs), I tried to install my Linksys wireless I had on her other computer. After installing that, I get an error 10093, successful WSAstartup not yet performed. Googled that and did cmd regsvr32 for softpub, wintrust and initpki.dll and that didn't help. Her network adapter in device manager all have warning signs next to things like Bluetooth network, Intel pro/Wireless 2200BG, WAN miniports and Marvell Yukon fast ethernet controller. I am running out of things I can think to do. Help would be greatly appreciated. Shelley

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal area.

Before you start a new topic click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide, Please read before starting a new topic. This will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your OTListIt2 log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).