Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blinkx and other Redirects

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

cezar1234

cezar1234

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
I dont think i run a router. The Fios internet does it wirless to the laptop but i am directly connedctied to the modem.

Advertisements

cezar1234

cezar1234

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
It does feel faster.the computer.

cezar1234

cezar1234

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
I just turn on my browser and did a search for your site so I could go to your site and I got redirected. I processed to my homepage and I put you address is in the address bar and was fine. Any suggestions?

cezar1234

cezar1234

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
I am about ready to take my computer back to its factorie settings. lol

mitch8

mitch8

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,356 posts
If you have FiOS go here to learn how to change your DNS. If you can't find your router go the bottom of the page and click on the link that tells you how to change the DNS settings for the operating system.
You want to change the DNS settings to this:
Preferred DNS server: 208.67.222.222
Alternate DNS server: 208.67.220.220

mitch8

mitch8

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,356 posts
I also forgot to add, once you set your new DNS settings reboot your computer.
Then go to http://opendns.com/welcome/ to see if it is working. If you see a checkmark then you switched to OpenDNS.

mitch8

mitch8

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,356 posts
Getting any more redirects?

cezar1234

cezar1234

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
sorry out of town will be back tomorrow will do the router thing when I return

cezar1234

cezar1234

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
I am having troble with a pop ip saying to activet some kiind of spywear. its a securty warning window

cezar1234

cezar1234

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
started up my computer after being out of town. the coumputer has a new thing going on now. It one of those fac antie virus things. Antivirus soft i think. It is not letting me do anything now.? what to do now. thanks

Advertisements

mitch8

mitch8

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,356 posts
Hi,

Download rkill.com here.

Once it is downloaded, double-click on the rkill.com in order to automatically attempt to stop any processes associated with Antivirus Soft and other Rogue programs. Please be patient while the program looks for various malware programs and ends them. When it has finished, the black window will automatically close and you can continue with the next step. If you get a message that rkill is an infection, do not be concerned. This message is just a fake warning given by Antivirus Soft when it terminates programs that may potentially remove it. If you run into these infections warnings that close Rkill, a trick is to leave the warning on the screen and then run Rkill again. By not closing the warning, this typically will allow you to bypass the malware trying to protect itself so that rkill can terminate Antivirus Soft . So, please try running Rkill until the malware is no longer running. You will then be able to proceed. If you continue having problems running rkill.com, you can download iExplore.exe or eXplorer.exe, which are renamed copies of rkill.com, and try them instead.

Do not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again.

Next,

Open up OTL and click on Quick Scan. Post the log here.

cezar1234

cezar1234

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
I cant open any web pages it has hijacked my broswser now.

cezar1234

cezar1234

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
It antiviru salutions pro

mitch8

mitch8

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,356 posts
Can you download the file(s) to a flash drive? rkill can stop that too.

If you can, run Flash Disinfector on your clean computer:

On your clean computer download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs from here and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
  • The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
  • Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
  • Reboot your computer when done.

Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you run it. Don't delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection.

cezar1234

cezar1234

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
I saved it to my usb and tryed to run it on my infected computer but no luck. Maybe i did it wrong. I saved it to my usb and tryed to run it on my infectied computer. It did not let me run it.