Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I find a missing system restore?

• Please log in to reply

swingline60

swingline60

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
So I recently ran combofix(I had someone helping me), it clears out the recycle bin and I had some files that had been placed in my recycle bin I need. I know it creates a system restore, I used it today but I can't find anything under today's date. Is this normal? What do I need to do to find the one for today's date?

I'm going to try some undelete software as a second option.

I didn't turn off the computer yet, so perhaps I need to reboot? Does a system restore even restore things in the recycle bin? I recall that it did.

Edited by swingline60, 08 July 2010 - 07:27 PM.

Advertisements

Mark D

Mark D

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
Howszit swingline60?

System restore points are not deleted via the recycle bin. They are either turned on or off in the control panel, system, system restore tab. If its turned off, well sorry. There are no restore points then. The only place to clean up restore points is under the disk clean up options in the properties of the hard drive, (under the more options tab). There you can clean off all but the last restore point. Check to see that your system restore is actually enabled.

Hope this helps...