Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need help with PayPal 'donate' button

• Please log in to reply

JamesBos

JamesBos

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone, I having been trying (unsuccessfully) to put a PayPal 'donate' button on a PDF file. I downloaded an image of a PayPal donate button from Google and pasted it into MSword. I then copied the email code that PayPal gave me and pasted it into the image's hyperlink. For some reason, the image when clicked opens a web page that says 'Fatal Error' and nothing else. The same thing happens when I convert the MSword file to PDF.

When I copy and paste the email code directly into my web browser, it works every time. But when I put the same code into MSword, it comes up with 'fatal error'.

PayPal also gave me a line of website code. I have no idea how to use code, but maybe someone here can see a way to make it work.

I would really appreciate some help with this problem

- James

Advertisements

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Not sure if this is the problem or not, but when pasting into MS Word, the link for the hyperlink may be lost, corrupted or incorrect. Highlight the link, right-click and select hyperlink from the Context Menu. You should get a popup box with some information which allows you to set hyperlink. Be sure it is correct.

Some security apps also do not allow you to click email/Word links and have them work like a browser does. I don't think that's the problem though. Hard to tell with something to look at or work with.