Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I'd like help optimizing my computer for WoW, preferably without u

• Please log in to reply

gemini_chick1979

gemini_chick1979

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I have an okay laptop and I'm tired of having lag issues in raids. It's not good to be healing ICC25 heroic as a shaman with lag issues. My internet seems great... 43ms ping. Anything else I do with my computer is fast and efficient. But World of Warcraft just doesn't seem to perform well at times, like in raids. I die in fires that I don't see, and that I don't have a problem with as melee. Like, for instance, I SAW the fire, moved out, and died anyway because apparently it was bigger than I could see. This is debilitating in this game! I don't have tons of cash to spend on upgrades, and I don't know what to do. My latency is around 100-125 normally, and my FPS bounces all over the place, from like 8fps to 50fps, when I have the lowest settings possible AND the lowest resolution I can have. Please help. Here are my system specs.

Windows: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Edition, Version 6.1.7600
Internet Explorer: 8.0.7600.16385
Memory (RAM): 4025 MB
CPU Info: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00GHz
CPU Speed: 1993.8 MHz
Sound Card: Speakers (Realtek High Definiti
Display Adapters: Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family | Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family | RDPDD Chained DD | RDP Encoder Mirror Driver | RDP Reflector Display Driver
Monitors: 1x; Generic PnP Monitor |
Screen Resolution: 1600 X 900 - 32 bit
Network: Network Present
Network Adapters: Atheros AR5B91 Wireless Network Adapter | Broadcom NetLink ™ Gigabit Ethernet
CD / DVD Drives: D: TSSTcorpCDDVDW TS-L633B
COM Ports: COM3
LPT Ports: NOT Present
Mouse: 7 Button Wheel Mouse Present
Hard Disks: C: 221.2GB
Hard Disks - Free: C: 137.7GB
USB Controllers: 8 host controllers.
Firewire (1394): Not Detected
PCMCIA (Laptops): Not Installed
Manufacturer: Phoenix Technologies LTD
Product Make: Aspire 7735
AC Power Status: OnLine
BIOS Info: AT/AT COMPATIBLE | 03/23/09 | ACRSYS - 6040000
Time Zone: Pacific Standard Time
Battery: High
Motherboard: Acer JM70
Modem: Not detected
:

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
There isn't much you can do for system upgrades since its a laptop. I would recommend that you save your money for a better laptop. I also recommend that you try updating your drivers. Go here for video drivers. Just click the button to check latest updates and follow the prompts.

The real issue is that your video is intel, which is not suited for any gaming. ATI and Nvidia are simply much better, even in the mobile space.