Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hunderbird incoming email

• Please log in to reply

stern

stern

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Hi

Experiencing the following problem. Recently updated Thunderbird to version 3.1 and now find that my incoming mail is going to my thrash folder.
Can anyone offer a reason as to what is causing this irregularity and a solution to overcome this problem.
Any further info required can be forwarded upon request

Tks
Stern

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
I don't use it, but check all the settings & options in Thunderbird, in particular which folder or mailbox all your received messages are assigned to. You should also check the 'rules' setting for the Trash folder. It may be set to trash all mail addressed to you - which obviously needs changing.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 10 July 2010 - 06:48 AM.

stern

stern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

I don't use it, but check all the settings & options in Thunderbird, in particular which folder or mailbox all your received messages are assigned to. You should also check the 'rules' setting for the Trash folder. It may be set to trash all mail addressed to you - which obviously needs changing.

Hi

Late response regretted. Tks your input. Eventually problem has been solved. Uninstalled/reinstalled program and everything running smoothly once again