Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need to get rid of warning notice on boot-up

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

jsullivan33403

jsullivan33403

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
Recently I bought a computer running under XP from a government agency and on boot-up a warning notice comes up informing that the agency has the right to read whatever you do with the computer and then you must acknowledge same to continue. I need to remove this notice, but can not determine how. Anyone know?

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Reinstall Windows.

jsullivan33403

jsullivan33403

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
Yes, reinstalling would do it, but then I would have to reinstall verything else and that is out of the question. I need to know the control switch for shutting it off.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Unfortunately:

Due to the nature of online help we are not able to verify ownership, and will not be able to help bypass or recover any user passwords, cd keys, license codes, serial numbers, etc.

http://www.geekstogo...boardrules.html

jsullivan33403

jsullivan33403

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
Hi Broni

I am not looking for "Due to the nature of online help we are not able to verify ownership, and will not be able to help bypass or recover any user passwords, cd keys, license codes, serial numbers, etc." I already have administrater authority, but just do not know which switch to disable in administrative controls.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
OK. You have to understand, that even, if I believe, you're a very honest person, I can't verify online, if this is your real issue, or you're trying to bypass some security tool.
I hope, you understand, what I'm saying.

jsullivan33403

jsullivan33403

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
I am not trying to bypass anything, I simply want to know in the Administrative control panel of Control Panel which item to use to eliminate a "warning to employees that what they do on the computer can be monitored" on a computer purchased at auction with operating system as it is an anoyance. I just do not understand all the options in the Administrative control panel which I have full access to as the administrator of my own computer.

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Hello there,

I am affraid we really can't help you due to the reasons that Broni described. If you want to get rid of the notice, reinstalling windows is the only way to go as we're concerned.

I am closing this topic. If you would like to discuss this any further, feel free to contact me by Personal Message.

Regards,
Olrik