Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Weird connection problem

• Please log in to reply

gocanes92

gocanes92

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have no idea how long ago, but my verizon router stopped connecting to my home network (from now on called 21D). It automatically instead connected to Network 5 (Access: Local and Internet) and Network 6 (Access: Local only). For some reason the computers in the network could still connect to 21D even though the base computer wasn't connected to it. I figured everything was fine even though the internet was running a little slower and some sites didn't load at all at random. Then, my Xbox Live started to lag heavily and eventually disconnected during a game. I went to see the network Connection on my XBL and ran a network connection test. The connection from XBL to 21D was that but it was fluctuating from 1-2 bars. Also, the connection from Internet to the Xbox Live had an error message that said:

"Your NAT type is Moderate. People on networks with this NAT type may not be able to join certain games or hear other people while playing online. For the best online experience, you need to open NAT configuration. It then suggested I unplug my router for 30 seconds and replug it in which I did, but it didn't help.

If I go to my base computer and press start<Connect to and press click Broadband Connection PPPoE connection which I think is 21D, it won't connect and stops at Connecting though WAN Miniport (PPPOE). If I ask to diagnose the problem it says "Windows did not find any problems with this computer's network connection. I believe if I can connect to 21D instead of network 5 and network 6 then my problems would probably be solved. Help! Thanks.

Advertisements